O & R Lawn Care Service

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by orlawncaresvc, Apr 18, 2009.

1. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

some more pictures

IMG00568.jpg

IMG00591.jpg

IMG00592.jpg

IMG00590.jpg

IMG00556.jpg

2. orlawncaresvc

a pic from today and a pic of a whole neighborhood we do

IMG00570.jpg

IMG00565.jpg

3. modedicebox

modedicebox LawnSite Senior Member

Man, I love the C30! We have a 71 dump, it's a beast. Keep up the good work!

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Keep up the good work! I hope you like your new truck. I love that body style, and if they're taken care of, they'll run forever.

5. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, keep the pics commin

6. orlawncaresvc

here are more pics

IMG00597.jpg

IMG00598.jpg

IMG00599.jpg

IMG00604.jpg

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good. Alot of work going on. Is that clear plastic you're putting down under the mulch?

8. orlawncaresvc

It's just basic 4 mil plastic. we have had this account for about 4 years now and every spring and summer we have a real problem with weeds. so we decided to make it easier and lay out the plastice to block out the weeds. a concern of ours was if enough water was going to get to the plants and flowers. we took a pitch fork and poked enough holes around every plant and flower so that water and enough air get to.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like it is relatively clear...That's why I asked. You're spending a whole lot of time and labor for nothing. Not only that,...it is actually causing you MORE work. Your mulch should be a MINIMM of three inches deep to block a half way decent mount of light (to keep the weed seeds from germinating). Anythng less, and it defeats the purpose. The plastic i waste, because with mulch, there is no need for plastic, visqueen, or felt barrier with mulch, as it (mulch) just dissipates and is just top dressed every once in awhile - as opposed to decorative stone or any other type of aggregate where the felt barrier is needed to keep it from dissipating into the soil.
    What is worse, is that if that material is like a clear type plastic (or white), it will do the pposite of what you re trying to achieve, as it wll actually work as a greenhouse effect..causing even MORE weed growth. Go heavy on he mulch...REAL heavy. That is always the best deterrent. Short of that, a basic pre-emergent application should be applied. I am sure this will save you alot of work (and time) in the long run.

10. orlawncaresvc

oh, i forgot to say that the plastic we used is a black plastic.