O & R Lawn Care Service

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by orlawncaresvc, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I cannot find that mesh anywhere! Anyone know what its called and an alternative? The only thing I am finding is patio furniture screening.
    mike

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Have you tried calling it "expanded metal"...........Small gauge of course.

W/o me looking back 40+ pages..could you tell me what page that catcher is on?

3. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.metalsdepot.com/index.phtml?aident=

The grass catcher is on page 14

4. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome build!!! Would be great for you to do as a business, But in order to make money, you would have to layout alot of money to start.

You guys do quality work!!

5. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

That's not true at all- And I highly recommend being that he said earlier no one in the area does it that he get into it before someone does. He seems to have everything needed to get started. You give your price-Demand the expenses as a deposit and you hold the body till final payment. I was quoted $6000 for a dump hoist and flatbed body with 1ft sides to be put on my K2500 and I researched RETAIL expenses and it they were around $1500 but they can ask $6000 because no one else around here builds bodies like that.

I'm not saying quit landscaping yet or at all but I imagine you could only prosper from your (and your brothers) fabricating skills.

6. Mikegyver

Uh I know what expanded metal is. I have used it in the past. This is like super fine stuff...like the holes are 1/8x1/8th

Thanks...they don't have it either!
    Mike

7. flatlander42

uhh, don't treat me like the dumb one. Like I said, I didn't look back 40 some odd pages to see what you were talking about. I still would have called the local suppier and asked for "FINE" expanded metal/mesh whatever you want to call it.

8. Mikegyver

I wasn't treating you like the dumb one! "Have you tried calling it" was calling me dumb! Anyways, lets move on. I asked for the finest stuff that they had, just the patio stuff. Oh well.
    Still want that navigator, almost made it up to KS this week. I'd be calling you if cash was not the limiting factor right now.
    Mike

9. flatlander42

I know lots of people that don't know that term. They always call it "mesh". I didn't know if you knew that little bit or not! I am also used to my great but pricey metal supplier that can figure out allmost any discription I give them.

Have you thought about using a hail screen? That stuff is perty fine too, and what I could see myself using if I were to build something like that.

10. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Guys? What about grating? I wanna say it's called grating metal. Check out www.valleyiron.com
    Posted via Mobile Device