O & R Lawn Care Service

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by orlawncaresvc, Apr 18, 2009.

1. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Started this project this past weekend. Not really associated with lawn care but just a bumper we are fabricating for my personal truck. The old bumper was not really damaged but the brackets that hold the bumper were. That was the second bumper I replace on my truck. I ran slowly into a stupid metal pole.:hammerhead: Thought I change it up and make a custome one. We used cardboard to make templates and here it is so far.

File.jpg

File2.jpg

File3.jpg

File9.jpg

File5.jpg

2. orlawncaresvc

Got a good amount of welding done on the bumper.

File10.jpg

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Mad Max .

4. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey OR, I was going to shoot you a message about that coment Tony Bass put on your video when it first popped up on youtube. I am sorry that I forgot to do that. What did you end up doing about that? (Your truck looks even more SUPER!)
    Hopefully the business aspect picks up soon!

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting as always. I gotta a feeling this is going to be the mother of all bumpers. What is going on with you climate? We are now in 80 and spring is here in austin.

6. Woodman1

Ed - how about we were at 80 earlier this week, sleet today and 75 by the middle of this week. Gotta love it!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Freezing rain here all day. Will be 65 on Monday.

8. orlawncaresvc

It's funny, our video had already been on YouTube for about a year. Then I got the message from Mr. Tony Bass. I had seen the SLT videos before but had no idea who TB was. All I did was change the tittle of the video from Super Lawn Truck to Super Lawn Care Truck. You know the original plan for our truck was to have that dump box behind the cab to actually dump. It's still in our plans. And when that happens I know our truck will be a lot cooler than Mr. TBs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. orlawncaresvc

Ed, it's been very cold here. Surprising to us. Lots of frost this year for us. The tall fescue here actually looking like dormant bermuda. Even with fertilizers being applied. It's starting to warm up during the day noticeably. But the mornings and evening are very cold. Suppose to hit the 70s in the next week or so. But other than that we have been busy. Especially with leaves. Did one property today that finally all the leaves from all the trees there have fallen. Faint wait to actually cut some grass. Thanks for the compliment on the bumper. We are really stoked about this project. We hope it comes out really nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Woodman1

I can't wait to see it when you put the box up front! There is a guy on here who has a box truck that he fabbed a side dump at the front. It is very cool. I can't remember his name right now.
    Posted via Mobile Device