OakNut's Toro TimeMaster Model 20199

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by OakNut, May 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

The only thing that smells better than fresh cut grass is a brand new mower to cut that grass. (and money :D )

Toro TimeMaster 30" (homeowner version - the commercial Toro is the TurfMaster)

[​IMG]

I've been toying with the idea of one of these 30" mowers since they came out. Purchase price and concerns associated with a new mower design kept the idea on the back burner, but with "Toro Days" sale pricing, I decided to go for it.
    Regular price $1,049.
    Sale price is usually $999
    Toro Days price $949

I went to the dealer today (sale ends tomorrow) and told him what I was thinking of getting. He said "Yeah, they're on sale... $899, I think."
    "I thought they were on sale for $950?" I replied.
    "Well, yeah, but you get contractor pricing."

$899 it was. Nice - "I'll be back later - I have a job to do and then I'll be back!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comparison to my 21" Super Recycler.
    My neighbor dubbed them "Dr. Evil and Mini Me". LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait to try it out.

2. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome oaknut!:) let us know how it performs:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping: Good Job on them photo's! :clapping:

Make sure to tell us about it's ability to mulch and quality of cut, I know how much you like to mulch! I noticed yours has the front baffle, NICE!

4. M&L

M&L LawnSite Member

Just out of curiositu, can you measure the bag? Its been said on this forum that the H/O bags are bigger, but I think it just looks that way because the handles taper much lower down.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. OakNut

Absolutely - good, or bad.

All I can say from having unloaded it, taken pics, and "driven" it into the back yard is that it's (a) pretty quiet, and (b) frickin' FAST. It's notably faster than my SR4 which surprised me.

Thanks. I figured I'd take a bunch of pics and thought it may be helpful for people to see it with a "normal" mower to get a feel for its overall size.
    It looks HUGE sitting in the garage next to my 36" Ferris.
    Probably won't get to cut with it until Friday.

Will do.
    I can't see why they would be different though since it's essentially the same damned mower.
    The commercial unit just has some heavier parts - the "flap" that lifts up to attach the bag is made of metal on the TurfMaster for example.

6. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice. Curious to see how it works out, I want to get one myself.
    I've been looking at the TurfMaster however just for the Kawasaki engine and bigger gas tank.

7. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh I meant good:) that's awesome hop it serves you well! How many accounts do you think you'd use it on? Just wanted to get an idea of how they hold up for some (me) light commercial lawn care:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. OakNut

I'm on my city route today and found two properties that the 30 incher won't work on.

The passage between the houses to the back yard is only about 27" wide!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

They sell a striping kit for that mower too. It looks like it would make it more difficult to handle tho, and that's the key selling point to these mowers IMO

10. OakNut

I took photos with a tape measure showing the dimensions, but Photobucket is down for maintenance, so I can't upload them at the moment.

The opening on the back of the mower is roughly 8"x8".

The open end of the bag is 16"w x 10"h

I didn't think to measure the overall dimensions of the bag.