1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Oasis ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JoeinJasper, Jun 10, 2006.

1. JoeinJasper

JoeinJasper LawnSite Member

A fellow small LCO recently layed several pallets of sod that are now under stress due to the hot, dry weather. A friend of his who works at the golf course told him to spray it with a 'wetting agent' such as Oasis. My knowledge of a wetting agent is as a surfactant, not as an active ingredient. Also, I am not familar with Oasis...Is this an anti-transpirant? Thanks Joe
  2. JoeinJasper

Any help at all?
  3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay...I'll bite.

I've never used Oasis, but have been considering it recently. It is a soil surfactant that simply increases the absorption rate of water. According to the label, only one application is needed per season (whatever season means)

With our clay soils, I would think Oasis would be a great help when moisture is hard to come by.

I'm really not sure how much it would help with new sod. Why? Because the root system is not yet established, therefore if water is moving faster into the soil profile, how could it help the new sod? Once the sod has rooted it might make more sense.
  4. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

not familiar with Oasis but spraying any wetting agent in hot conditions espically on new sod would seem risky to me. Consistant H20 is usually all sod would need to get established and then add ammenities once turf can withstand it.
  5. JoeinJasper

Thanks for the information...Looks like I have more homework to do. Joe
  6. southernsprayguy

southernsprayguy LawnSite Member

Prosource One sells a product called Proforma Gold in a granular form. It's a lot better product than Oasis. It needs to be watered in!