obituary marketing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnsaspire, Jan 28, 2010.

1. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

This may sound morbid, but have you ever checked the last few months obituaries when trying to decide where to pass out flyers? I just thought of this since half of my customers are widows who's husbands have passed away recently. Alot of men who have probably worked themselves to death like us. Anyway I thought I might incorporate this tactic into where I pass flyers out.

2. CircleC

CircleC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW

Dude you should get into some other kinda sales where you can make more money if you are gunna chase old sad ladies....WOW!

3. powernoje

powernoje LawnSite Member

that is however a good idea haha, I might try that... Thanks

4. Total Grounds Maintenance

Total Grounds Maintenance LawnSite Member

Yeah I do it all the time. I even offer them the recent widow special and tell them if they clip out the obituary they can use it like a coupon and get 10% off.

NOT! are you on drugs?

5. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

i DIDN'T SAY i'VE DONE IT. bUT iT WOULD give you an idea of who might need lawn services as they always put the adress of the surviving spouse. If you think it's a dumb idea it probably is. I just thought I'd ask. Aom many times I wish I had special knowledge about who is wanting lawn service instead of just randomly passing out flyers to every house in a given neighborhood.

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Many of the widows that I work for are not sad, just spoke with a customer today, she enjoys traveling and he never did.:walking:

7. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

This form of marketing is done by many companies, when my father died my mother was swamped with offers from many different companies.

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i would not recommend doing this. i think it is totally rude and disrespectful......

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not saying I ain't never had a wild hared idea, which I am sure I've had a few
    that are at least as good but somehow I don't think this one's ever crossed my mind.

10. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Its called ambulance chasing! I personally havent, but I dont see anything wrong with it as long as you you are polite and tactful.