1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Obviously, I shoudda worn long pants.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by geogunn, Aug 29, 2004.

1. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I had a little boo-boo yesterday.

it is fairly obvious who lost. :cry:

GEO :D

2. satch

satch LawnSite Member

Geo, being fron TN also you may have heard the ole timers say this before.Put a coal oil rag on it
  3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

isn't that the nastiest feeling with clippings all over your shins? i hate that.
    forget about pants, what about some boots my friend?! safety 101...

is that a burn or a scrape?
  4. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

If you can't find a coal oil rag try WD-40. it'll take the sting out of that wound immediately!
  5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Geo, were you trimming a hillside and got too close to your feet? I have a similar wound like that from last year. Trimmer line smarts....yeeouch!!
  6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

your post count really jumped these last few days...:D that's more like it. good to see it looks like you're back in control.
  7. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Ouch time for a fiew beers and a couple of shots. That will help take away the sting.
    Thats a bigger wound than Kerry's you need a purple heart LOL.
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

OMG! I never thought of it like that!!! you are right! and it was even self inflicted too!!!

actually what happened I was trimming up to a gate and trying to get it unlatched to go through.

they had stretch cord on the other side and I was trying to get it unhooked and apparently from that point I had a momentary lapse of reason! :eek:

I was kinda relieved when I looked down and saw it was the trimmer trying to chop off my leg instead of a copperhead chewing on me or yellow jackets heading north!

and when I got home, the spousal unit was all over me about it...... nag-nag-nag!

I just had to remind her about the "hedge trimmer thing" and she was glad there weren't metal blades attached. LOL!

GEO :D
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I hate to admit but I caught my wifes heel with the string trimmer line one day while walking behind her. She had pants on and I think it stung me more than it did her but that string can do a number. I was idling at the time too.
    I have been in EMS for 19 years and I can't ever remember the coal oil rag or the WD-40 anywhere in the annals of modern emergency medicine. I guess this site is educational in more than one way.
  10. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

my gosh, are you ok oh my.