OCDC Advice Please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, May 18, 2006.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I am really considering buying an OCDC and have a question about mulching. My current mulch kit requires the use of four bolts. This includes on for each divider in between the blades and two for the side discharge cover. Do you guys think I would be able to just put the two dividers in when I wanted to mulch and leave the OCDC closed all the way. Do you think I would acheive the same mulching results using the OCDC instead of the origional side discharge block? Thanks for your help and advice.

-Nick Howard

2. Howie's Lawn Care

Come on guys,
    Somebody has to have an opinion on this. Also, if you have bought an OCDC off Ebay for $80, how do you like it. I remember someone recommending it and saw that they still have the $80 ones on there. I figured I would get the Qwikchute since it is "name brand". That's why I wear Nikes and drive a Ford.

3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that would work. Not positive. If you're just replacing the discharge blocker with the ocdc, and using the rest of the kit only when you want to mulch, I think that would work.

4. Howie's Lawn Care

This would make it so much easier to switch between mulching and side discharging. It only would take two more bolts being tightened. If I use the regulare shute, I have to screw with putting that crap on, but when I go without it, I throw clippings to far into landscaped areas.