1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

OCDC and Gators = Mulch on Demand?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TrpD345, Jul 30, 2006.

1. TrpD345

TrpD345 LawnSite Member

I was reading someone elses post and I am wondering how well this will work? I have the muclh kit for my JD 737 and wish that I could side discharge on some properties. The seperator plates that go between the front and rear baffles are not even full length (they only come down about half as far as the baffles). How well would it work with a QwickChute and Gator style blades. The Gators would be able to lift and discharge and also mulch. This way I could open and close the chute when I wanted to. Someone tell me how this will work. Thanks!
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I don't think it will work the way you except/want it too. Plus I think you might would get blow out that you aren't currently getting.
  3. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I run gators on my 727A with a powered ocdc and it doesn't work like a mulcher at all. It's good for short distances to avoid blowing clippings on unwanted areas, but that's it.