OCDC and Ultra Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eclipse, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to install an OCDC on my Lazer HP that I also run an Ultra Vac on. I understand that the belt to run the Ultra Vac would be in the way of the OCDC but is there any way I can have the option of both on the same machine (obviously not at the same time)?

I don't mind if I would have to remove the OCDC to use the Ultra Vac as long as it is not much of a PIA. Is anyone running an OCDC on the same machine they are also running an Ultra Vac? What brand of OCDC works best on a machine that also runs an Ultra Vac?

Thanks for the help.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The director by York Sheet Metal ( www.yorksheet.com ) is an EXCELLENT unit, and easily be devised to go on and off rather fast with the pulling of pins. It doesn't come that way, but if you looked at it, you would see what I am talking about. The whole unit stays intact, just the chute flap needs to come off.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I was also wondering the same thing as I just purchased a lazer hp with the ultra vac and there are times I would like to have the OCDC if it could be done without a lot of trouble.

4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The advance chute system will do the job.

5. shenders

shenders LawnSite Member

I agree with Runner. I looked around a lot to find the easiest/fastest OCDC to do this exact thing because I use one machine for both types of mowing and didn't want to change my route just to accomodate bagging jobs. The Director is easy to use and to remove, just pull the pin and then put the vac on.

6. Eclipse

Thanks. I will look at the Director. It sounds like that may be the way to go.

I will also take a look at the ACS.

7. FerrisDixie

FerrisDixie LawnSite Member

I'd go with the director. They are engineered to fit and are not a universal piece that fits all mowers.

8. Eclipse

I do not see how the ACS would wor well with an Ultra Vac? It looks a little difficult to remove?

As easy as the Director comes off it looks like this may be the best way to go.