OCDC for my 52" HP??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by faithfulFrank, Jan 10, 2004.

1. faithfulFrank

faithfulFrank LawnSite Member

I was just wondering why exmark does not offer an OCDC. I know Dixie Chopper does. I also know there are a few aftermarket OCDC's out there that they say are made to fit on an exmark deck. Does anyone out there have any recommendations? Would using one void my warranty? Does anyone have any experiences with one of these that would suggest that I not consider one?
    thank you in advance for any helpful comments.
    I just bought my Exmark today. It is 5 below zero here in western NY...it will be months until I can even use it for the first time. It sure looks good in the garage though!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

faithfulFrank,

Thanks for the post. The big reason we're not using an OCDC at this time is that we're not convinced that there is a great way to have both the OCDC and still comply with ANSI specifications. That doesn't mean it can't be done we're just not convinced can be done and still meet other design requirements.

Using an OCDC doesn't void any warranty's. If the OCDC causes some damage to the machine that obviously would not be covered under warranty. The real issue with adding an OCDC's may have something to do with thrown objects, safety and liability. For these reasons we simply don't recommend that you use them.

Thanks

Terry