Ocdc For Scag Tiger Cub?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NORTHMAN, Apr 29, 2007.

1. NORTHMAN

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I'd like to get an OCDC for my SCAG Tiger Cub,can anyone suggest a brand?The only one I found that makes one is Trimmer Trap,how is it?i spoke to the owner of York Sheet Metal(nice guy),they make the Director,he said they only make it for the Exmark but would consider building one in the future.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I need one also since I use the mulch plate all the time and have to remove it when I get into a field mow situation. But I dont' want the thing to stick out at all.....or if it sticks out I don't want anything to catch on it. I see wall marks on my mulch plate all the time.

4. ProCut Lawn Care

ProCut Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I modified the stock mulch plate to operate as an OCDC using a tie-rod linkage and a little welding. Works like a champ. Three quick clips and it's off in 30 seconds. I also have the bagging system and I used a piece of tubing that fits over the bracket that is bolted to the deck. Willing to sell the contraption for 150. You would just need a piece of small square tubing to mount to the deck.

5. NORTHMAN

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks guys,I didn't even think about a mulch plate.Do they bolt on and off?Until I can find a good OCDC this might be the soulution.

6. ProCut Lawn Care

ProCut Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Yes, the mulch plate is a bolt on piece but if you don't entend to mulch an entire property they are a headache to take on and off. That's why I modded mine to become an OCDC so that I can run it all the time and only use it when needed.

7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Advance chute systems makes a ocdc for your mower.

8. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Palmor Products had one for my Turf Tiger.
    www.trac-vac.com should get you the info.