1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

OCDC for Toro 44'

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Jul 6, 2000.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Eric, Larry or anyone else that runs a TORO Proline. I want to fab a OCDC for the deck and need a starting point. Any tips would be really appreciated as I already have a couple of windows from being commercial. BTW the high lift blades lift rocks just as high. Thanks. (one mow thing, that 44' should be &quot; - don't have a diesel)<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: MOW ED
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Mowed: I don't have a Toro, but I do use OCDC's. If you go to my Website and go to the last page marked OCDC, you can see a picture of one that is in the open possition. I can send you a picture of one that shows the handle and all if you want.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  3. What's wrong with using the OEM defector?<p>I am going to build one for my 52 and 44 over<br>the winter.<p>I will attach one to the grass gobbler bracket<br>and with be operator controlled with a 12 volt servo.
  4. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

I just made a OCDC for my 36&quot; scag, here is how i did it...first i took my mulch plate and flatened it out by stepping on it, then i placed it over the opening in the side of the mower and cut it so that it was the same size and no longer....then i took two peiced of angle iron and welded it to either end of the newly formed mulch plate so that they would fit into my deflector sheild when it is in its down position, i then welded then mulch plate brackets to the deflector shiled and cut the defelctor sheild off right at the mulch plate and wahlaa<br>i lift it up and i'm not mulching, put it down and i am....