OCDC I made for my Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GLC51, Sep 24, 2006.

1. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

I took off the rubber discharge flap and fabricated a OCDC. It's much handier. You can put the blocker down to keep the clippings out of places they shouldn't go, or people are passing by on the street or you're going by windows , cars etc. etc. First tow pics are the control handle and the last tow are of the overall setup. I've modified it a bit more since I took these.

control handle.jpg

handle 2.jpg

OCDC 1.jpg

OCDC 2.jpg

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I would like to see some pictures of how the cable is routed at the deck

wayne

3. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Is that made out of hard rubber? If not, I give it about a week before it's bent beyond recognition. I'm not bagging on your setup, I just know how much abuse the rubber deflector gets on my Stander. I give you an "A" for effort.

4. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

Here is a pic the how it's attached to the deck. I didn't want to weld or drill new holes so I used the existing hole. The blocker is angle and flat steel with a piece of sheet metal. I used flat steel to make the hinges and two bolts go through where the original deflector was mounted. I've been using it for 3 months now. It's much more useful than the rubber deflector that came with the mower.

Assembly detail.jpg

5. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

Sweet set up. I salute your construction abilities!
    What the heck is that thing that's dragging on the ground behind it?

6. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

Thanks. The thing at back is the stiper that I made. I'm going to post some pics on that and a spring platform I made too.