OCDC, Mulch Kit, or Keep Bagging with n Exmark 52 Lazer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by statman, May 19, 2007.

1. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I lost my dumping spot for bagged grass and literally have to bag it (into garbage bags). I was thing of an OCDC to keep grass out of mulched areas, but got to thinking of buying a mulch kit. Anyone have a mulch kit? I have a homemade OCDC, and get a lot of clumping when I open it. Does a store-bought one work better?
  2. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I cant speak for how they work personally ,but my dealer has a client thatg runs exmark.All their machines have mulch kits on them all year round. I plan on going to a mulch kit in june when grass slows down.I bougt a Lazer HP,specifically to cut down on bagging with the Walker.Walker is great ,but,on open lawns or in wet grass,it cannot come close in keeping up with the Lazer.
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Mulching here in the spring doesn't work too well, but in the summer & fall it saves a lot of clean-up time because it doesn't blow out on the concrete.
  4. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I keep a mulch kit on the Lazer and the WB year round. In the fall I will put the UV on the lazer for leaves but kit stays on the WB. I cut bermuda, zoysia, centipede, fescue, and weeds.
  5. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I run a the exmark 48" WB with a mulch kit. I take it off when I do large multi-acre lots. Otherwise, I have to slow down too much and the job will take too long to complete.