OCDC on new XS Triton Decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhenegar, Feb 22, 2006.

1. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

Got my new xs today and was wondering if anyone has put a OCDC on theirs yet? Also wondering if the new striping roller is different. I seen the mount brackets on the new xs were different. Thanks!
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

can you put some pics up of the mower?? thanks, congrats on the purchase
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, get that camera poppin'!

What engine and deck size did you get?
  4. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I read somewhere the ezchute is the only ocdc that will work on the new Triton decks. The others can not be mounted because of the sliding baffles under the deck.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Sure wish eXmark would get off their lazy butts and actually photograph this new deck.

They mention the adjustability of this deck numerous times, but not ONE picture of it.

Don't they offer a mulch plate? That would have to fit flush against the discharge opening.
  6. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

They probably don't want the competition to see it!
  7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Right, I'm sure they are hiding it...after all the competition can always go to the dealer and look at it!...:hammerhead:
  8. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I've got a new triton deck sitting in my basement. The front adjustable baffle looks like something I will never use. The side baffle just basically opens the discharge wider. The book that comes with the mower has no info as to how and when to adjust either of these baffles. There is a decal on the deck that shows the front baffle adjustment heighth. What really annoys me is that I ordered this mower before the new catalog came out and I assumed that with the EFI engine I would get the custom ride suspension as it was in 05. They cut a $179 corner and didn't include it on the 06's.
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

How about some pictures guys!

I'm too lazy to drive up to my dealer and look first hand.
  10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Keepin' it in cool storage down in the cellar eh? LOL... how'd you get the durned thing into the basement? :clapping: :weightlifter:

Tell the dealer to include the seat or its a no-go... any half decent dealer should throw in something under $200.... whenever I buy a mower I tell them to throw in a couple sets of blades (which they put a sticker price on of almost $50 a set) so I don't think another $75 will kill them... think about it they don't pay 179 for the seat kit, probably about $50 give or take 10-15, but, point is, its a very tiny drop out of the large amount of profit they make from you plus they know you will be back later anyway and buy more....
    At any rate I'm curious to see the deck baffle pics. Are you saying its like the new Toro decks that came out a year ago or so?
    And if you haven't used one, the Custom Ride suspension is nice :) I have it on my 05 Lazer Z...