OCDC on Scag Turf Tiger photos...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jet boater, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

Finally got the digital camera...here it is. Haven't sandblasted and painted yet, but you get the idea. Knee operated.

2. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Did you use the mulching plate to make that??? I am interested in making one for mine! It would be great for long strips that I handle at a mall.....any info you can pass on it is appreciated!
  3. Jet boater

Well...I did use the mulching plate, but only because I got impatient.

I decided to start this one weekend and rather than go buy some raw metal, I started using things I had laying around when I started. So I smashed my mulching plate out flat and welded some flatbar to it for the hinges.

I'd suggest going out and buying some 7 ga. or 10 ga. sheet for that part. It's gotta cost less than starting with a 40 buck mulching plate.

4. pfisdon

pfisdon LawnSite Member

That setup looks like it will do the trick. Also ,I think it would need the holes drilled in it like the ones on the Dixie Chopper to have the air-flow it needs.
  5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Jet thats a nifty project you came up with, I do agree it should have some holes for air-flow. You engineers are always coming up with a net idea, How many hrs you got on that Tiger? I know you only use it on your own yd LoL just kidding,Im from Evansville to glad to see alittle rain today, will help that grass grow. Marks Mowing Service
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nice job!

The air holes aren't needed. They clog up very quickly with what ever it is you are cutting anyway. Been there, done that!
  7. Jet boater

Mark, got about 80 hrs for a little over 1 season.

Hope the rain today gets that grass growin' and helps out your business!

8. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

Can you explain what that contraption is, and what it does. I've seen posts regarding OCDC, but I don't have a clue
    Thanks, Bill.
  9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

craig--it is an OPERATOR CONTROLED DISCHARGE CHUTE. real handy when you want to side discharge but wantto stop the clippings from blowing out for a short while. go to ericelm's web site for more info.

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Way to use that noggin! Looks like your gonna be a whole lot safer this season. I wouldn't worry about drilling holes, they are designed to clog up anyway--which they do rather quickly. I just put the mulching plate back on my Scag but left the Trac-Vac unit in place! Looks like I'm bagging but I'm not! How bout coming up with a way for me to convert to bagging real easy? I thought about drilling holes in mine so it would still bag when I wanted it to or just mulch when bagging was not needed. I think it would starve the engine on the unit for air if I did that though. Oh well, I figured while you were being creative you could fix mine too!