OCDC part 2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by battags, Apr 17, 2003.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I read the recent thread about O.C.D.C.'s but really didn't think that it applied to me. I now have several residental accounts with tight areas between mulch beds or near the house. I find my mower slinging grass all over the place and I'm left without a clear directions to aim the discharge. It would be really nice to close the chute for that three seconds it takes me to pass through the tight areas!

My question is two fold. Does anyone know of a manufactured OCDC for a Bobcat Hydro 54" deck? If not, could anyone send me some detailed info on how to make my own? Any pictures of what you all may have would be great!

2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

3. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I checked that out already. I didn't see any for a walk behind. As far as making one myself goes, I don't have problems designing a flap for the opening. My trouble comes in making a simple reliable control to operate it.

4. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Go back to the thread and read nelbuts reply...;)

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

The main problem I found with them...is they dont turn your deck into a mulching deck so the longer you have the chute down the mower grass is collecting and clumping at the chute opening. Once you open it will chute out large clumps of grass.