OCDC question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rick2752, Apr 14, 2005.

1. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Anyone who has used both types of OCDCs have a preference. Getting ready to get one and dont know if I should get one with holes in it or a solid chute block. Thanks for your input.
    :rolleyes:

2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I just made one and it worked well solid but there was alot of blowout. I added a few 3/8" holes and it helped control the blowout alot on thick lawns. I think you are going to get blowout regardless on the sparse lawn. Is this for a WB or rider?

3. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

The advanced chute system has holes in it but it doesn't allow any grass to shoot out the holes, only air, it really helps for cutting out the blowout from the rest of deck when you close the chute.

4. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

It is for a 60" Laser Z rider. Thanks for your input guys.

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I have used both and didn't notice a difference. The one that comes with Dixie Chopper had the holes and would clog with grass anyway. I have the QwikChute on the Hustler and realy like it. If I was you I would be thinking more on the control design rather then if it has holes or not. The QwikChute is easy to open and close.

I have a blow out bafle on the Hustler, so that might make a difference too.

6. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Its hard to judge control design though without running one. Looking at pics can be decieving. Anyone use the Ez chute thats on ebay for $160.