ocdc

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Apr 2, 2005.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have some plans for an ocdc for a Lesco 54 inch ZTWO. Or a Cub TANK 54 inch?

2. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

Darrin - if your looking to buy a pre-made one check on Meg-Mo website. If he has one to fit they are listed for $200. I have a Qwikchute on my Deere 737 that is very well built but they don't list one for the Cub or Lesco unit on their website.

3. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought one of those acs for my 60" Z two Now i am just looking for one for the 48" Hydro Float deck. Any suggestions?

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Old thread I know, but just wondering how the OCDC's worked out?

5. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

Just got back from winter vacation. We like the OCDC's for safety, when mowing by windows/cars/etc. Mulching on demand, also is a nice feature for those fall cleanups.
    Overall, they are a nice asset for our operation.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

do they really do a GREAT job though or just an ok job?

7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The ACS work's good enough to pay for it's self in 10 working days in time saved.

8. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is awesome, I hate using the w/b with out one. The only thing I have to complain about is that the ACS design could be tweaked a bit. I used a spring that wasnt as stiff as the factory one and I have broken a few bolts on where the unit pivots, But that is no big deal to me, a couple bucks here and there to me is acceptable. I would strongly recomend the ACS for ease of use and mounting. Its not to bad of a price either I think I paid 209 shipped. Does anyone know if they still are offering the Unit for walk behinds?
    I will get pictures up tonight or tomorrow. Some one pm ed me about it and I will post them in this thread.

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I hate my ACS... I would look for something a little better engineered. Dixie Chopper OCDCs have got to be the best.

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here, to sloppy of a fit, need to be engineered for the machine its going on. I like the Quickchutes.