Octane..New Info?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Gonna give this a try this season and was wondering what people who use this are mixing at for cool season turf .07 - 1.5 oz. p/ acre. Thanls

2. Shades of Green LService

No one has anything to say about this?

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I recommend using Quick Silver.

You will get a MUCH broader spectrum of weeds with QS such as Wild Violet.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't remember...I'd have to read the label. i DO know that I used it on the light side - being it was just a spike.

5. Shades of Green LService

Already purchased it. Reason i didn't go w/ QS was the price. This strictly a spike for back pack ang PG. Thanks for your feed back.

6. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i used it last year seem to do okay on st augustine grass..i used it at 1.5oz per acre

7. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

Just got done using Octane about 2 weeks ago as a spike to Manor for St. Augustine/dollar weed.
    My local S. Ag suggested it & I can honestly say, I'm sold on this combination.

My mix was (per acre)
    Manor = .75oz
    Octane = 1oz
    Plus sticker.

Next time around I might bump it up a little to 1oz of Manor & 1.5oz Octane because the dollar weed, while turning yellow & definitely dying for the most part, some is trying to hang on still.

Common Lespedeza wilted the same day & toast by the next.
    Spurge took on a dark color in 3 days & is now almost black 10 days later.
    Dandelion wilted the next day & is now toast also.
    Little oak sprouts from the acorns are done for as well.

In areas that was a mix of St. Augustine, Bahia & Bermuda grass, only the Bahia showed some signs of damage. Which is ok for me because these folks want to keep those grasses....The Bahia had to "take one for the team", so to speak.

P.S. to Ric if you're reading this.
    Thanks for recommending S. Ag to me a little while back. Great guys, very knowledgeable & have become our main supplier.

8. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i will have to try that combo.....tks

9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Manor is used to damage bahia where it is not wanted. I think for your location, a good lawn would have st augustine in the shade, bermuda in the sun and NO OTHER RANDOM GRASSES mixed in. Sorry I am not used to lawns that are so many different grasses. Where I am, lawns like that get Fusilade, glyphosate and Scythe and are resodded.