1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Octane or Quicksilver

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Jul 14, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I use speedzone southern w/ carfentrazone(sp?) which is what quicksiler is. Does anyone have some good experience with both products? Pros or cons?:dancing:
  2. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Octane does not work on Wild Violets per Rodney C. I have used Octane in the fall with good results on Ground Ivy and most other broadleaf weeds, but I have had good results in the fall with ester and amine products also, so I am not sure it is worth the extra money.
  3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

There have been several posts on this....but I don't mind re-typing.

I would definitly recommend using QS! It is a great product and it not only speeds up the kill, but also will pick up a couple hard to kills!

Can't beat it IMO!

If you don't have HTK weeds, or not trying to speed the kill....I wouldn't add anything personally.

Octane is cheaper (although the use rate is a little higher to compare to QS which brings the price closer then you think), but I have always found that if a something is cheaper, there is probably a reason....as it has to do with the apples to apples thing!

I will only tell you that I was using Quick Silver, then switched to Octane and I am now back to Quick Silver.

Hope that helps!