Octane????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dcgreenspro, Sep 14, 2007.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Just wondering what kind of results people have been getting using octane?
    Stand alone or combo w/ something else? thanks

2. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

yes i drink lots of it

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I use it, but only as a spike for an occasional quick knockdown. I find that it helps with some products that are not even labeled for some certain things, but kill subsequently. Eliminate LO for instance, does a decent job on wild violet, especially when mixed with Octane. A decent spreader/sticker makes a big difference on these also, of course.

4. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

i've been using quicksilver as a additive with 3-way, octane is a bit cheaper, might have to try it out next runaround:)

5. lescojdl

lescojdl LawnSite Member

What I have found is that the Octane takes 24-48 hrs to work whereas the quicksilver usually would work in less than 12 hrs. At a 1/3 of the price of quicksilver, it is a great addition, especially in the heat of the summer when weeds don't want to suck up your 2,4-d based broadleaf herbs alone.

6. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the information

7. ACutAboveNC

ACutAboveNC LawnSite Member

I do not use it as a stand alone but I prefer Octane over Quick. I have seen much better results with all my chemcials since I made the switch. My quicksilver is used for my round up tanks now.