1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

October Advertising

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by buckrufr, Aug 26, 2010.

1. buckrufr

buckrufr LawnSite Member

Is advertising for yard services for October worthwhile or is it like throwing money down a rat hole?

I was set to spend just under $200 for an insert in the September newsletter for a retirement community where I live and work as a solo yard maintenance pro, when my ad preparer got overextended and couldn't make the deadline for the art for the printer.

Now I'm wondering if I should give it another go for the October newsletter. I'm doing a trade of services for the artwork and copy, the charge for the right to place an insert into the newsletter is $125, printing 1500 black ink on 1-side of colored stock is $68, and my wife and I would spend 2 hours stuffing the insert into the newsletters.

I plan to do an informational ad outlining what needs to be done in October and offering my services. I am seeking everyone's' advice: Good idea or Save my money for next year? Or perhaps there is a better promotional idea you can suggest? Thank you for your input. Sincerely, Buck

2. OrganicsMaine

OrganicsMaine LawnSite Senior Member

I say why not. The cost for this is low, and if you get 1 job from it you made your money plus.

3. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

You can advertise for fall clean ups.