Odd one today

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by DynaMow, Mar 7, 2006.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

I get a call from an older woman needing her back yard fixed where there was some car damage. So I go visit and she begins to tell me what happened to cause this need of repair.

Her husband was pulling into the garage and hit the accelerator instead of the brake and went through the back of the garage.

This property starts to decline at the front of the house all the way to the end of the property and ends at a 15' wide creek. The back of the garage is at a second story level then the slope to the creek is 75 foot long and drops about 30 feet, with a few big old trees. He goes all the way down, takes the bark off the side of a tree 15 feet in radius and puts it in the creek. On the back wall of the house (under the garage) you can see where mud is plastered on the block wall from where the tires hit the ground with him still on the gas and spit mud up on it. it is unbelievable he was inches from probably being seriously injured. Ended up with bruises.

Called me at 1:00, visited property at 2:00, presented quote at 6:00, job sold at 6:15

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Take pics gotta see this!

3. Kohls Landscaping Co

Kohls Landscaping Co LawnSite Member

They ever get the car out?

I would be parking my truck in the driveway before I started working in the back yard. :)

Dave

4. DynaMow

yeah they got car out, best for me they had to take it out a different way then it when in, more damage.

I will take pics, but you know the lawn damage wasn't as much as I would of thought there would of been. But I guess when you are airbourne half the time you miss some areas.

5. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

If the guy is that bad driving i would park my truck in the neighbors driveway.

6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

If the guy's that bad of driver; I would insist on parking in the garage just so he couldn't try the (new) back exit while you're working in his line of fire.

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Id walk you could pore a parking pad for him in the creek:)

8. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

Just a thought.. If you did that how many people would you want coming over and pricing the job?? I think it was a sale from the start..lol

9. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

LOl:laugh: :laugh:

10. DynaMow

that is a good point, and i thought it was me!