odd request

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 7, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

one of my lawn customers wants some extras done. she said i'm too expensive, and can she ask my employee to work for her on his day off, she would work out a fair price with him. i could feel the acid burning my asophoges. ever had this happen before?

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

She would be gone in a microsecond and so would he if I knew about it.... I think this is what the legal industry calls.. " conflict of interest ".....

3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have stopped mowing in the middle of the job, and told her I don't mow for my competitors. And if she is trying to hire your help on the weekend that is what she just became.

4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

YES ! I actually had one customer come straight up to me and say " I'm going to have your guy do some work for me on the side and I was just wondering how much you pay him per hour ? "
    I was flippin' mad:angry: and just walked way, she has never asked me anything remotely close to that again.....can we say clueless.........:confused:

5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i get this about once a week. Can the mexican guy work for me on his day off?

6. galagers

galagers LawnSite Member

Had that happen behind my back and lost the customer and my worker. Worst part he didn't have the guts to tell me he was quitting, found out when he quit answering the phone and didn't show up. That stunk he'll call back during the winter and I will get to tell him sorry I only hire dependable loyal people.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Crapola like that BG goes up my azz like a wire brush!

8. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Sure she isn't just trying to get some extra excercise in for the big guy? :rolleyes:

9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

What if the work isn't landscape related?? I realized that after i posted, all the work they want to offer my guy is like:

Basment cleaning
    painting
    pool tear down

if they want him to do this stuff on a Sunday, or one of his days off, I could care less. But i've never gotten anything offered to him landscape related. they often follow it up with, unless you want to do it...... But i'm not going in any of these crazy people's basements:rolleyes:

10. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

No solicitation of Employees: During and for one (1) year after the term of this Agreement, Customer will not solicit the employment of, or employ the Company's personnel, without the Company's prior written consent.