odd thing i was told today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i was at Lowe's today and asked why they don't sell the Deere z445 anymore and just the z225. i was told that the z445 and the others above that were 2 close to commercial grade quality and Lowe's was not making and money off repair kickbacks.

do you think there right about it?

Z445 pic, looks comm grade to me

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Z225 pic, now this looks like a pos homeowner version :laugh:
    [​IMG]

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Nope, this is commercial grade:
    [​IMG]

3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

The two top mowers are strictly Residential grade. Don't even bother with looking at mowers and other tools from Lowes, its a waste of time and money for sure.

Plus you're not a lawyer, so you don't have clients. You have customers.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Anyone that provides a service to someone can have clients. Clients and customers are synonymous.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. My person that cuts my hair has clientele, not customers. They are on a regular contract or basis to have service provided for,... they are clients.:rolleyes:
    Anyway, to address the issue of the John Deeres, you cannot go by "looks like commercial grade". Most of the things that make commercial grade don't even show.

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Just proof that this industry is loaded with idiots... thanks. :hammerhead:

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well,...that may be a little harsh to someone who just has (had) a different viewpoint of definition(s).

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

No... but rather proof that people tend to speak before they think about whats coming out, even if it's got nothing to do with the topic at hand. It's not a matter of a viewpoint, but rather having the knowledge of knowing what your talking about before you pass judgment on someone else. Thanks. :)

10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

AS FAR AS THE MOWERS (which this thread is supposed to be about)....They did a good job of mking the JD Resi Z LOOK like a light duty commercial mower. But it is far from it. It LOOKS like it has a tube frame....but it does not. Take a peak underneath and you will see that those tubes coming from the spindles and the ones from the back, end as soon as they get out pf plain view. Not to mention the hydros and other important parts.