odd trailer size

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIAN GALLO, Nov 25, 2001.

1. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you out there know where I can get a 4-1/2' x 12' landscape trailer? I know it's a funky size, but I have a unique storage situation and that is the size I need. I had a guy lined-up to build me one, but he backed out of the deal. Any help would be appreciated.

B's Lawn Service :blob3:

2. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

your right it is a funky size.. not sure what your useing it for but one day you are gonna wish it was bigger!! say 6x12

3. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Strickdad,

I could use a 6 X 14 if I could store it! My problem is with storage, I can't go too wide and fit the trailer where I need to store it. It's a bummer, but I have to make do because the alternative is a lot of time wasted picking up my stuff from an alternative site. More time spent picking stuff up = less time cutting = less $$$.

B's Lawn Service

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Explain your storage situation. A local guy has a 7X16 trailer that fits in a 7 1/2 foot wide space cuz he bought it with the tires underneath (8 inch rims).

5. I have a 5 1/2' x 12' trailer that is a standard size. You can just get a 62" on the back of it.

It is one of those trailers built in Texas by performance trailer. I bought mine in NJ at a trailer dealer on rt 206 south of I-80 near Flanders NJ.

6. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

i see, this does post a problem brian, not trying to be a smart*** but i would concentrate on making my storage area fit my equipment. not my equipment fitting my storage area.

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I know a guy that has the same setup. He has used this trailer and a 77 Ford 1/2 ton Pickup for the past 16 years.

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

modified to bring the tires in and underneath, but it may sit up a little higher. Check with the trailer dealers in your area about this option. Any welding shop would be able to convert it for you also.

You may want to check prices on enclosed trailers which would solve your under roof storage problem quite well, but not sure what your budget is.