Oddball question...

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by stryper, May 24, 2004.

1. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

...I'm considering using a wetting agent on my lawn to help it through the inevitable Midwest drought. I'm thinking about something like Lesco Wet, which is pretty expensive, or Aqua-maxx(Aqua-aid?), which I'm not even sure is available to homeowners yet. I'm also looking at something called Aerify, which is real inexpensive, and Jerry Baker's Weatherproof. Does anyone have any experience with any of these products, especially how effective they might be? What are the pros and cons to this idea of mine?

I know I'm probably being anal about my yard, but I hate that brown, dormant Summer look. And as I understand it, they use this stuff on golf courses regularly. By the way, my grass is a blend of tall fescues.

Thanks.

2. jjm

jjm LawnSite Member
    from CINCI

I live in the midwest and for the first time used this product "aerify" which I bought on-line for about $25.00.

It may just be the weather being so nice and cool, but my lawn has never looked better after using this product!! It is very easy to apply and I can actually see a difference after 2 weeks. I did not experience brown patch as I have expeienced in previous years either but again this may be due to the cool weather we have experienced.

In any event, since this is so cheap, I will try another few rounds to see its continued performance.

JJM
    Cincinnati