OEM vs. Aftermarket Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Dec 31, 2007.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you use OEM blades versus aftermarket blades like Oregon (gator blades), Rotary, Stens, etc. I am interested in providing price quotes on Oregon blades shipped to you directly. Provide me the part # or application and I can get you a price. I am more than just a Amsoil dealer.

Price shop me on all Oregon OEP parts,Walro, Zama, Sea Foam, Slime,
    Gatorline, ProLockers,Jungle-Jim, Velke, Grass Gobbler, Pix & Gates Belts and others.

Free shipping on orders over $200.00

Please ask any questions.

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

For my Scag I found CSI blades work the best. www.csi-blades,

also gators, wouild like Gators for my Walker 48 sd. Ed

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You'll have to beat Mowpart at about $1.50-$2.00 over COST, with something like free shipping over $150.

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I think I will deal locally or even regionally.

Is there anything AMsoil doesn't sell?

5. AmsoilPower

Mower parts is something I have just recently started dealing in. Just thought I would put some ideas and feelers out there to see if there is any interest. I will say this, MowPart is running on a real slim margin, probably cutting themselves a little short for a parts biz. But, thats what they do. My primary concern is Amsoil here, but if I can move a few parts also I consider that a bonus.

6. newz7151

from Tejas

Mowpart is owned/operated by a large tractor and implement dealership with multiple locations. They're money comes from that, they could care less I'm sure how much or little they make on little mower parts and supplies.

What you (Hoyt) need to do is focus on one product online and be great at it, instead of over extending and being marginally good on all.

7. AmsoilPower

Let me ask this, do alot of you purchase parts from Mowpart? I am just curious to know what the market share is of online purchasing vs. buying at your local dealership. Same goes for your lubricants of all engines. I have heard alot about not wanting to wait for your oil to arrive at your doorstep, it just easier to grab it off the shelf. How is this any different than waiting on parts, unless you are saving a huge amount of money? I realize you will save on sales tax if out of state. Amsoil is registered as a business in all states, therefore I cannot get around that. Just want to know what you guys think.

8. newz7151

from Tejas

Nobody that is in a legal/legitimate business should be worried about where their stuff they buy online comes from, because you still have USE tax to pay on stuff when you use it in your business.

9. AmsoilPower

Exactly. But you would be shocked if you knew how many have asked me if they have to pay sales tax. It's the American way, tax or be taxed!!!:usflag:

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Believe me... nothing of the sort shocks me anymore in this business.

An absolute MASSIVE amount of the money spent for lawn care services in this country never gets claimed as income.

Most lawn services are not real legitimate businesses in the first place.

Heck, I know of outfits that landed STATE bids and did them that are totally illegit.
    And I know that to be fact because I declined to sub-contract to them because they didn't "check out".

It's really mind boggling to me.