$$$ of an xmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by david griggs, Jan 29, 2002.

1. david griggs

david griggs LawnSite Member

ok, so no dixons, i like the xmarks, so what would a 44" lazer hp run aprox? but damn, i keep thinking about ALL those lawns id have to pass up because they have small gates. the great dane gateway is a great idea, but its not a rider! my wife will only ride! thanks david

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

will she use a sulky? that's riding but you can put one on a 36" metro and get thru the gate. that is what i use. you can post a cost estimate in the exmark section and they should be able to look up there MSRP listing. dealers should be close. might be able to get a close out on an '01 deal if there are any in stock.

Mike
    MPC Lawnworks (thanks Hoss)

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

If you going to buy a ztr please do your self a favor and buy a 60 incher! A 60 inch is has the maneuverability to mow small lawns as well has huge acreage. Go buy a used 32-36 inch walkbehinds for the gated yards for 800 bucks!

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

A 36" with a flex deck for gated areas. A larger Lazer than the 44" would be better.

5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I would atleast get a 52" deck on that lazer. I dont even know if the 44" deck is wider than the wheel base, which makes trimming close around objects a real pain. I have a 52" Lazer with the 23hp Kaw and love it.

6. For about $6,500 you can get a 52" Lazer hp.

Let her use that.

Try and find a used 36", then you can mount a Flex Deck on it and you will have 54" WB. If you can find a used Hydro even better.

The Flex Deck is removable, flips up to get through gates, and can do a lot of your trimming under stuff to save you time. It will also save you time in those fenced in yard.

Which means time is money so productivity is every thing.

Good Luck LGF:blob1:

7. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there any chance you could talk some of those small gate people to widen their gates another 36" ? Or 8' sections could be two fours . Would not be all that hard to do . You could do the job your self or sub it out to someone you know . Thats what I am going to try and do when the situation arises . The work could be done most the time so as not to change th appearence of the fence and keep the stability.Might work sometimes and there are advantages to having a wider gate.

8. david griggs

david griggs LawnSite Member

9. Can't you tell we don't know.......

Yellow pages, mower dealers, CALL!!!!!!!!

10. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

I paid 6600 including tax for a 44 ,yea I got farked but they are high in this area anyway and as far as trimming, the deck is wider than the wheels ,but just barely.;)