1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

% of customers who tip...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shocker5oh, Jun 19, 2008.

1. shocker5oh

shocker5oh LawnSite Member

I've red some posts about customers who tip...how many accounts would you say tip after each service...just a thought...I wouldn't expect it, but I prolly wouldn't deny it either...
  2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have one client that tips every month..i send them the billing statement and always extra in the check..so i always do alittle extra at their property!:dancing:
  3. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a $5 tip once....WOW!!!....from a customer that was new to the area.....people in my area are CHEAP..they want maximum work for the minimum price...I always go above and beyond to make sure their property is in top shape before I go on to my next stop. I could just run through their lawns and do a half a$$ job, but that is not how I run my business.
  4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Your not kidding! Baton Rouge is the same way. I must have weeded out 6 cheepos to get to my 13 solid accounts. Im starting to think one of my 13 is going to be a PITA also. I will go give an estimate, dont hear from them for about 3-4 weeks, then they call back wanting service. Each of the ones that call back have turned out to be PITA bargain shoppers.
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have 0 tippers.
    Hope to get some soon:)
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

at christmas time I did well, had several gifts delivered in the mail. and a few checks....
  7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Tip? You mean to tell me that someone would tip the lawn jockey. HA! That's a new one to me.
  8. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Got 500.00 once.
  9. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

It happens every so often.

Last time it happened I did a $35 job and the guy paid me $70. Nice of him.
  10. shocker5oh

shocker5oh LawnSite Member

When I was 12 I had a paper route and going around every other week to collect I would get gifts for christmas and such from most of the houses I stopped at...I neveer assume but would find it amusing to get a box of cookies or slipper socks from a customer of mine as of right now...another thread for another forum but who does what come nov,dec,jan when it snows