$ of fertilizer has me reconsidering next year

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by General Grounds, Jul 7, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

call it what you want, everyone says it works GREAT. Forget the organic crap and look at it as you have a lawn with a fungal disease, you want it out, the stuff works, and I don't think it costs to much either. His ICT 123 is like around 67 cents/1000.

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Wait a sec... is this MLM? It's starting to sound like that. LOL.

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

They sure get to walk on it. It is a very pleasureable experience for them and their dogs because the grass is plush, there is no sensitive plant, sandbur or any other thorny weeds in the lawn. A 1/4 acre lawn is around $400 per month depending on type of grass for me. I do not deal with DIYers, or people who have a hard time making ends meet. My normal client resides on property worth $750.000 or more. I do not mow lawns, however I know the person mowing the indvidual lawn and they are instructed on correct procedure. The difference between Hawaii and the continental US is mowing height. Bermuda and zoysia becomes scrubby if not mowed at less than 1".

5. whoopassonthebluegrass

On Oahu, isn't that everyone with a cardboard box or better? :laugh:

6. greendoctor

Very funny. There are many residences at $300.000-500.000. I know quite well that those are people that have very little disposable income. They do not even have al lawn service at all. That is not my target market. As I said many times, most of my clients are retired or truly wealthy. I have nothing to do with yuppies. They are cheap, no matter how much they make or how how much their property is worth. It is a waste of my time to deal with someone who is getting squeezed by the economy and also has children to put through school/college.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

I meant no offense. I have family on the island. We took a look at housing down there. YIKES!

8. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

that is our upper class in my town. Go a city or two over, where I also work, and they get to about 1-2 million. But still they are the exception.

9. greendoctor

I know you didn't. Hope this is educational for everyone here. Someone with a $300,000 house is borderline poor. It is safe to assume that there are no large lawns or high value landscaping associated with that kind of property. My clients with the multimillion dollar properties do not have 10 acres for me to maintain, but very high level maintenance is expected on what little lawn they have. That is why my fee structures are very different from what you charge on the continent.

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

Speaking of which, you never told me whether or not you needed a partner! :laugh: