1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

# of Flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lowdakboy98, Mar 3, 2006.

1. lowdakboy98

lowdakboy98 LawnSite Member

How many flyers or door hangers do you put out in the upcoming spring season? What is your ratio of flyers passed out to amount of new customers? For example for every 50 flyers you get 1 account or something liek that.
  2. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

try to add another 0 to that #
  3. dg0123

dg0123 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Last year I put out 800 flyers and picked up 30 new customers. This year I've got 3000 going out. Good luck. The more the merrier.
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

So basically for every 27th flyer you lay out, you are gaining a customer. THAT is phenomenal....... that definintely is not the norm though. :rolleyes:
  5. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

My first year I put out about 2500 and ended up w/ about 50 total, plus some mulch work like they said above, the more the merrier.
  6. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

i wish new york had the same numbers as those :nono:
  7. dg0123

dg0123 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

It surprised me also. That was definitely not the norm that I have read about before on here. Now on the downside, I put out about 400 fliers 2 weeks ago and picked up one clean-up and one customer for this season so far.
  8. lowdakboy98

lowdakboy98 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info
  9. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Im hoping to gain 4-5 accounts per 1000, and thats a generous expectation or goal these days.

I am targeting upscale larger 1/2 to 1 acre sized lawns though.

Flyers are always a crapshoot.
  10. centralarlawn

centralarlawn LawnSite Member

in my experience, it depends on the area and the time you hit it. For seasons passed, I have passed out up to 10,000 per season, and in return gained aprox. 8 new quality clients. BUT... Last year, I was short on time and help, so I had to pass out what I could on my own, and I just happen to be in the right neighborhood at the right time and ended up with almost a 10% return in quality clients. This is a HUGE difference, so just keep passing them out, and hope for the best. my .02