# of lawns in a day???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGG, Jan 26, 2004.

1. TGG

TGG LawnSite Member

Im going to get my company started up this spring(late april)and I am trying to figure out how many lawns I can do(cut,trim) in the week. Monday to friday about 35-40 hours. Most of my customers have yards that range from 6000 -8000 square feet and there is very minimal travel time involved. I have 2 21" mowers and will be with one other employee.

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I started out with only 21 inch mowers. From what I can remember, you'll be doing well to cut 15/day.

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

TGG how many customers do you have?

4. TGG

TGG LawnSite Member

I am hoping to have between 60-70 customers.

5. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

60-70 Weekly?....2 -21"? Nope.

Is there a reason you seem to be spending as much as you will be on advertising and not on equiptment?

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

When I started, we did about 75 a week with 2 19" Lawn Boys... But the yards were smaller.. around 3000-5000 sq ft

7. greenback

greenback LawnSite Member
    from L.I.

by myself i do 12-15 lawns a day, thats with a 36 metro. all my lawns are in two neighboring towns.

8. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on how much traveling you want to do and how hard you want to work. I have one neighborhood that I have 28 accounts in. This cuts way down on travel time and increases production.

9. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

I've been doing this long enough(whether you believe it or not I really don't care) to realize that if 2 guys work their a--s off all day and mow average size yards (1/3- 1/2 acres) and use professional equipment ie., Zs,WBs,gas stick edgers, trimmers , blowers and have between 1/2 and 1 hour windshield time no way do they do 20 plus jobs a day.If 2 guys can do this more than a week they will BURN OUT. If you say you doing this then your smoking the weed. I know theres alot of guys out there who would disagree , bring it on.

10. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I agree that too many with the 21" setup will burn you out fast. I have been there myself, so I know its possible. Good Luck!