1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

% of money go where

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by thenewguy, Jun 15, 2002.

1. thenewguy

thenewguy LawnSite Member

Hello, can any one break down there profits into wich go where for ex _% go to each wroker (how many) _% go to new mowers and weed wackers _ % go to a new truk _% go to manace (gas, string, blades, oil, tie downs bolts little things) -% for the shop _% for insurance, _% me(owner) I know it changes from year to year but can you gess. the reason i asked for % is becuse what amount money you make is you busness and none of ours. Thank i shore this will help many people including me.
  2. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

0 percent of profits go for overhead and expenses.

Suggest you get a book such as "Basic accounting for contractors"
  3. karl klein

karl klein LawnSite Member

looks like you need 100% to go for english classes
  4. for me
    Expenses average 20% of sales over the years
    I'm sure everybody is different and having employees will change that
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

% of money go where?
    Goes out the door constantly. haha.

Here is my suggestion, first find a good accountant to help you. They can set up your computer program or even manage your books if you want them too.

Next, go to the bookstore and find a book on small business that has the basics of accounting in it. You don't need a boring accounting book that you will get confused over. A small business book with an accounting overview will help you understand the basics enough so that you and the accountant can understand each other.

I have a degree in accounting and I don't even do my own tax work. To complicated and to much stuff changes each year. Never cheat yourself out of a good accountant or lawyer. Both will pay dividends over the long run.