? # of Mows?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Russ, Feb 17, 2001.

1. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

How many mows(just mowing)did you guys do last season? We did 2055. One crew. The reason I ask is that I think I need to reduce number of mows for more profitable work ie. installs,apps.,airation,overseeding ect. I refered a lot of work last season.

2. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

or add on more equipment and workers. Why stop cutting if it is profitable.

3. Russ

Mowing is the least profitable of any service I offer with the highest equipment and labor cost.

4. double e

double e LawnSite Member

last year I did 85 or so- just picked up 31 more yards from fellow lawncare buddy getting out of bus. I'll probably hit 130 this year with me and 2 employees.

Russ- how are you cutting 2055 lawns in a week with one crew? Are they appartment complexes or trailer parks. I'm going to be swamped with 130

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

uh, probably not in a week, the whole season is more likely what he means.

6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I do 51 a week im solo and alot of my yds are 3/4-to 2and a half acers. Also this includes Apartments and banks,churches,and stores.It keeps me busy,and im turning down work everyweek. Some of the ones i turndown want me to put them on a list,and if i lose anyone else call them which is really good. Hope we have a season like last yr here in southern In. Marks Mowing Service

7. Russ

OPS! Sorry guys that is 2055 a Season. April to November. Just mowing. Anybody else do a total count on the number of mows?

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Roughly 800 for last season
    Best growing year in the last 5.
    Solo operator - ave 25 lawns (5k to 20k mix)
    Aprox. 16 hours total -

9. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

13,500 cuts last year - and still eargerly anticipating begining another year this year.

10. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

1700 for me.57 a week.35 hours aweek.