# of rain days ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, May 19, 2004.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I keep all kinds of work/job data so I can look at it over thewinter and see where I'm making/losing money. Its been very helpful the past couple years.

has anyone keep a reasonably accurate record of how many rain days we've had in the MidAtlantic region since March 1?

I have a few customers who are starting to get really impatient with the fact their landscape work is late because of wet ground and/or the fact we have to cut everything every 4 days. Not complaining as rain is a fact of our buisness...but man this year feels worse than last year.

Hey Bobby...yes the rain does stress me out a bit. I know I know, the guys say "dont sweat the small stuff." Well IMHO, rain every 2 days is not exactly "small stuff" when you have to keep telling good customers ," be patient we're doing the best we can and mowing must take priority"

2. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

I hear that. Im in Indiana, and it has been rainy for a couple of weeks now. It gets very annoying, and the fact that everyone doesnt want their lawn cut every 4 days makes it even worse. Oh well.

-Rich