Off road fuel vs On road fuel

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by o-so-n-so, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CIBOLOCREEK@YAHOO.COM

CIBOLOCREEK@YAHOO.COM LawnSite Member

DADDY RABBIT
    WHAT IS ANOTHER NAME FOR OFF ROAD DIESEL

THANK-YOU,
    LARRY ARREDONDO

2. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

Same as the nicnames for onroad diesel, Fuel oil, Diesel, Heating oil, #2 diesel, Ect ect,

Years ago all the diesel fuel was the same , highsulpher fuel and it was the same color they had no idea back then if it had taxes paid on it or not , So here comes some wacko . and his tree huggers in hand spouting out lets get the sulpher out of diesel fuel. .

Well They did and started sticking red dye in the high sulpher diesel , The argument about it is all the same just the dye is the only diffrence is pure bullcrap , Many many places the off road diesel is the same stuff that it all was before we ever heard of Low sulpher and Offroad .

Switching between the two is another bunch of hogwash The fuel syestems of todays diesel's are built to withstand both , The Older diesels that had the seal problems was because the method used to removed the sulpher also took along the lubricity of the diesel fuel ,

Our equipment has seen both ran thru for years and not one problem. though i swear to me with out a dyno to test em they ran better on the Off road High sulpher diesel .

They are not worried about sulpher in the diesel it was all a bunch iof crap to start the red dye stuff , But yet guess who runs the most off road diesel thats high sulpher up and down the highways daily .

Good ole Uncle sam thats who .

3. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

well your buddy is a pud f uck, sullfur is what lubricates the pump and keeps it from burning up.

4. northeastpropertymgmt

northeastpropertymgmt LawnSite Member

so wich is better to run. if it dident mader what was for the highway and not. what is better for the engine, more power, longer life.

5. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

they are both the same fuel. the only diffrence is the dye.

6. C&KLawnCare

And your a bigger pud f uck because you dont even know what your talking about , Sulpher did / does not lubricate a injector pump , You ever seen dry sulpher ????????? Didint think so

That is 100,000 Percent bullshit , They are not the same friggen fuel at all . maybe out of 50 states maybe 2-3 have low sulpher as off road but the rest dont , How about educating your self some scaby before you go popping off .

7. C&KLawnCare

call these fellers up and tell em their wrong , that its all the same all but the dye and watch em laugh ya off the phone

Looper delivers kerosene, high sulphur diesel for off-road equipment, low sulphur diesel for on-road vehicular use and gasoline. We're courteous and quick!
    Contact us now!

Looper Oil Company, Inc.
    7117 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd
    Charlotte, NC 28216

I dont know who it was that ever started the line of crap world wide that the off road and on road diesel is the same all but the dye , But its a damned lie

8. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... So noted, thanks :).

9. hollywood

hollywood LawnSite Member

Well put C&K. There is alot of misinformation floating around.....

10. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Ever add some dye neutralizer to turn the color of the fuel back to original? Works slick as snot. I'm not running off road fuel on road, but i watched a guy dump the stuff in a white plastic tank and litterally turn it into on road tint.