Off Season

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Canon Landscaping, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I own a small supply yard and this is my first year in business. I was wondering if you shut down during the winter or if you sold other products. I am trying to decide what to do for the winter.

2. Imulchmore

Imulchmore LawnSite Member

We sell Christmas Trees, Rock Salt bagged and bulk, and Firewood and we also snow plow. Pretty much after Christmas until about the last week of march the only time we open is if we have fire wood to deliver or there is a winter storm event.

3. WFMJenny

WFMJenny LawnSite Member

We sell no christmas trees,and no salt. We do sell firewood, but as soon as we are out of our first load we are done with the wood for the year. We stay open all year long. Winter is dead except for the ocassional mason contractor.

4. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

sell trees!

5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We sell anything seasonal. Pumpkins, fire wood, salt, plows, ect.

6. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I were you I'd sell Fluid Film during the offseason. Since it won't freeze, it makes an excellent snow release agent and ice inhibitor. Check plowsite for rave reviews during winter use.

I'm not just saying this because I'm the sponsor and we're always looking for distribution and if you'd like we could talk about doing some business and I could send you some information on why Fluid Film is the best product for snow blowers, plows, snowmobiles, snow shovels, etc..., and why a supply yard could make money selling Fluid Film because it's not in the big box stores or anything like that.

Really. :)

7. Sunrise 154

Sunrise 154 LawnSite Member

if you would like please send me some info...can you PM me for my email?

8. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely.