Off season

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by huntercook33, Sep 12, 2004.

1. huntercook33

huntercook33 LawnSite Member
    from Orando

Whatd you guys do in the fall and winter, mow once a month or twice a month? I'm looking to start a job with a few clients, but its about offseason, I also live in florida so keep in mind the lowest it gets here in the afternoon is 40 degrees. Do you fertilize every week?

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi huntercook33,

Are you looking for more services to offer in your winter months? Maybe holiday decorations and lighting? I am sure others will have more ideas.

3. huntercook33

from Orando

Yes, I've heard alot of lawn companies say that they mow once a month and fertilize every week. But what else could you do?

4. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

What the hell are they growing down there that needs fertilizer every week? Sound like someone is selling the "bobbygedd special" - catlitter mixed with a little slow release fertilizer.

The mowing does slow down to once every 2 - 3 wks depending on the weather.

Beer drinking and pool shooting are good past-times.

5. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in VA I mow every 3-4 weeks, pick up trash, spray weeds, and sleep in every day!!!

6. huntercook33

from Orando

But do they still pay you the same amount if you charge per month?

7. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

if yall are fertilizing the same yards everyweek down there then i have a deal for you
    i have a bridge in Arizona id be willing to sell ya cheap......????? most time we do leaf clean up.... xmas lights up/down firewood snow if we have it and some installes of beds..... things like that..... also do alot of sleep... the wife complains but hell i work 12-16 a day during the growing season so shouldnt i be allowed too..... there is always something u can find to do during the "off" months....

8. huntercook33

from Orando

Whats a bridge?

9. JDeere Fan

JDeere Fan LawnSite Member

????????????????

10. huntercook33

from Orando

I'm saying, if you charge $100 a month normally. For 4 cuts a month, egdeing and all that good stuff. Do the clients still pay $100 a month during autumn and winter?