Off the wall advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by The landscaper, Feb 26, 2006.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Is anybody doing any different advertising this year.
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I was thinking of setting up a table at a local dept. store. The table will have a nice banner made and we will be taking donations for a local charity. All proceeds will go to the charity and we will be handing out some really nice flyer's and general shmoosing with the public. I figure it's not snowing at all and it's far too early to begin spring clean ups so it can't hurt.:)
  3. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

body paint ads on hot, naked women.
  4. The landscaper

can I borrow the women, I hear arizona has some fine young ladies. ASU right
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Got an Idea for your advertising. If you run double blades your essentially cutting the grass twice with each pass.
    So try something along the lines of
    Have your lawn cut twice for the price of once or
    Two lawn mowings for the price of one
    when your talking to them explain how double blades IS cutting it twice and that the smaller the clippings the faster they break down in to beneficial mulch. ETC. ETC.
    It should help generate calls the rest is in the sales
  6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I always come up for ways to get clients but I don't need clients I need employees. Anyway maybe someone else could use this. At our local movie theaters if you get there early they have slides advertising stuff, but usually the pictures are not much to look at. So I thought a great L/s picture in a theater in the target neighborhood in the right movies may generate some calls. I know that no other L/S are doing it, and you have a captive audience. Also the people who get there early most likely are organized, being organized and on time often translates to a successful lifestyle and some $$$. Of course I am making some logical assumptions here.
  7. The landscaper

Just wanted to bump this back up so it could go through one more time
  8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Mac, you're always thinking.
  9. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Remember back in school when you would tap someone on the back with a kick me sign ? I found that going to the local mall and finding the old timers(mall walkers) taping them on the back to say hello and leaving my taped flyer on there back :walking:
  10. The landscaper

Haha that would get plenty of attention.