Off to a great start

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tilly, Apr 9, 2001.

1. tilly

tilly LawnSite Member

Do these things happen to you? I just took a 4 hour drive to pick up my new Dane (keep in mind the drive should have only taken 2hours). So I got home pulled the new girl of the trailer did a quick go over on it engaged the blades made about three passes around my yard, and wouldn't you know it one of thebolts that holds the torsion bar for the deck vibrated out. (need I say more!) Also to make matters worse I lost a $100.00 bill while in search of the bolt.(do you think the warrenty will cover that?)
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep, these kinds of things definitely happen to us.
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't of had any luck today. At least you have a new Dane. :D

Good luck this season, hope it's a better finish than your start. ;)
  4. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like everyday for us....
  5. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

was it monday? LOL
  6. hookem

hookem LawnSite Member

It wouldn't be a normal day unless something crazy happened to us-whether it is making double trips to the hardware store when we should of only made one but our heads are still in bed or forgetting a piece of the equipment and having to waste a full hour of our day to go back and get it. It never seems to fail though.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Went out for the second time yesterday to dethatch. 5 1/2 hours, 3 acres, wind chill 12 above zero. No problems until the end right before I was done. Saw a spot I missed by my trailer and backed up to get it.

I will be replacing a trailer light today once I thaw out.

$#it Happens. Keep Smiling:)