Off Topic book recommendation

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Apr 24, 2008.

1. I never post anywhere but here so I've got a great book recommendation.

ENDURANCE Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing

Most amazing survival story I've ever read.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I have it on my shelf. Read it about 5/6 years ago. there is a movie as well for it that in on my NetFlix list.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I absolutely love to read. Whether it be fiction, non-fiction, educational, self help, whatever. I even picked up about 40-50 business related books from SprinklerGuy when I bought his inventory. I have many at my shop for my guys to freely take home and read and learn and grow. But none take advantage of it.

I can be in the middle of reading 4-5 books at a time. Just depends on my mood as to what I feel like reading. Right I am in the middle of one on baseball (absolutely love baseball), one on running the business, just finished Journey to the Center of the Earth, middle of the E-Myth Contractor again, and Ernest Hemingway's The Sun also Rises.

I have always been a book junkie.

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

5. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

The fact that they crossed 800 mi of water in an open boat and hit that small island, then cross the mountains with nothing more than a few crude tools - (that took trained mountain climbers, fully equipped several days to traverse) The most amazing fact was that he was able to bring all his men back.

One of those "can't put it down" books.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I read the Shackleton book & followed the t.v. series..one of my heros.

7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

One thing I'm weird about, is that I read books over again. I read very fast and a lot of the time don't remember it a month later. Some books I've read multiple times. Some of them just because they bring back memories as a kid too. I was always reading in grade school even.

9. wab1234

wab1234 LawnSite Member

"BOY" by Roald Dahl the guy who wrote about a chocolate factory is a book that brings you back to about the youngest times I can remeber

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Older Lawrence Sanders stuff was real good. When he starting basing stories on Palm beach,s high society they started to get boring.