Off Topic: Disneyland

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Jun 4, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I know this doesn't have anything to do with irrigation but a couple of weeks ago the wife and I went down south for my nephew's college graduation. Several of the family then went to Disneyland and California Adventures for a two day visit. First time for all of us with no young children and it was actually a blast.

We decided to get an annual pass because we are close enough and want to go back again for the 50th anniversary fireworks and parade because they are fantastic. Here's a few pictures of the adults enjoying themselves. I wanted to try the PDF upload available on the site for future uploads.

Attached Files:

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

My wife and I went there this past November for our Honeymoon. Cool place.

We're going to WDW this September.

I'm a big Disney freak.

3. PurpHaze

I grew up in the OC and watched Disneyland evolve over the years. I've never been to WDW but we're planning on going there and also visiting Key West (my birthplace) while there within the next couple of years.

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you had fun Purp. It's good for ya old folks to get out and have a blast!

5. PurpHaze

What blew me away was my Dad. He said he'd only been to Disneyland on one other occasion. It was always Mom who took us when we were kids but Dad was always working to support eight kids in the family. Come to find out he loves coaster and other rides. He went on them all... not bad for 74 years old. :)

6. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

WDW is a great place to go see. Ya better have about a week or so to stay there because you can't see enough of it in a couple of days to say ya been there. We have been there 5 times in the last 15 yrs. Worst day of the year to go is July 4th. Busiest day of the year. Went one day on the 4th...standing room only. Rock'n roller coaster...yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!

7. PurpHaze

We'd probably take a full two weeks in Florida. One week at WDW and then a week to cruise on down in a rental car to the keys and other places. If I'm going to fly clear back there I might as well do it up right. I'm trying to talk one of my brothers into taking his wife and we'd make a foursome.

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I've been to both. Great fun. Not since I was a kid though

9. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I used to spend a lot of weekends at Disneyland while stationed at El Toro up to my mid twenties. It was a blast. Great stress releif. Now I go to Kings Island, sometimes I take my kids (just kidding) I almost always take my kids.

10. PurpHaze

Funny!!! I used to go to bars and/or parties with El Toro MCAS friends to relieve stress. :usflag: