1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

OFF TOPIC: "Guy-Pods"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Sep 27, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

One thing I've had a lot of time to due while off on my back problem is to download copious numbers of MP3 tunes from a service we subscribe to. I've burned a ton of them onto CDs to play in my truck and on my portable CD player but want to buy a Guy-Pod since they're more portable, organizable and lighter than CD players.

I'm looking for suggestions for an MP3 player that's durable, reasonably priced, good battery length, has resonable GB of storage space, etc. and does not need to have video play-back. Suggestions please?

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You forgot to add ... and not the over-priced Apple iPOS.

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Yup... not actually looking for an I-Pod. :)

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Im going to get the 1 gb ipod next.

i have a 60 video Ipod.

Apple is top notch purp.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If all you downloaded were Broadway show tunes, can we actually name it Guy-Pod?

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i have an ipod nano in my kodiak, works great. they didn't become the market leader making a 2nd rate product, its easy and you don't need a manual to use it

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

8. Suck it up Purp go get an Apple. They have em at Costco. Plus you'll find a gazillion kids to help you learn to use it. It will also help make you cool. I've found myself singing FEIST.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Words of wisdom from the old timer who bans radios on the job site.

10. Don't own an IPOD either. I listen a little on my satellite radio. On the job I'm a thinking man.:confused: