1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Office organization

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mack, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

I just did a search and had no luck. My question is how is your office set up.
    I was looking for stuff like what files you have (like Visa, Gas, Maintenance, Taxes ect.). I seem to have to reorganize my office every winter to get it ready for the next year. I was just checking to see how your office is set up or what you do to keep the mess clean.
  2. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I know guys who use a laptop and Pro-Landscape Software
  3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am using Quick Books PRO. Works well for me. One computer for business only. I have an IPAQ from Compaq that works well in the truck. Other guys us a notebook. Cell phones of course to store numbers, ect when on a job estimating. 4 in 1 machine to copy, scan, fax, print. 1 business phone, good answering machine.

Two filinf cabinets - mower gas, truck gas, Health insur / Work Insur / cell bill, equipment, just different files that work for your setup.

Then all other office stuff.

I prefer the hand on approach being out in the field but I find myself more and more in the office doing bookwork, estimating, calling, etc.