Official 2006 sprinkler winterizing thread!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BSME, Aug 28, 2006.

1. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

$1350.00/mo ea.

2. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

There have been some good posts about owning vs. renting a compressor before...

I think I'll always own at least one and maybe rent the extras... last year I winterized for about two months but it was before slow at the beginning and end where it wouldn't have paid to rent to do a few a day. I also did one in January when a plumber accidently turned the sprinklers on again.

3. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed. We have an old nearly worn out 185 that the LS construction uses. We use it as a backup and for the last tail-enders that suddenly realize that it is nearly Christmas and they might need their system shut down.

4. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I might purchase my third this week and since they are all set up for winterizations I was wondering what would be a fair charge for rental? $100 day/ $500 week / $1750 month???

5. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

Between $750 to $1200 a month depending on how far we want to drive to pick it up.

.mz

6. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

ICS... who would you be renting them to? also... I am pretty close to getting a rough copy of my new forms.

Anyone have any pics of their setup? I have some on the other computer that I'll post later. I want to letter the compressor this year... anyone put anything clever on theirs?

7. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

To other irrigators I know and some small LCO's that winterize less then 50. Let me know when your forms are done. I want to redo mine but I want them to look simple and uncluttered, last years looked too cluttered.

8. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

This is my blowout sheet. It is a three part carbon copy. Top stays at office middle goes in completed file and bottom I leave on the door. I have them cut the 2nd and 3rd pages so their cc# does't show on technician or customer copy.

9. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

opps ..........................

Attached Files:

10. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

Changed our minds... going to buy this year instead of renting. Our construction side will use it part of the year and I will have it when one of our clients calls after we are done with the rental and wanting a blow-out.