1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Official 2006 sprinkler winterizing thread!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BSME, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

We were at $45 for the longest time, bumped up to $55 and had not one complaint, everyone is still at $45 though but our price bump still works for us.
  2. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

we had a hit of fall weather and then some rain so people started calling to get winterized... the latest I could make one lady wait is the 25th of sept... I guess it's good though... the more I get done early the more room I'll have later when we get busy

anyone have experience with powered reels? I'm looking for some pros and cons of air vs. electric power reels...

I have air power right now but ran into some problems since I didnt have a proper lubricator on it last year... the reel had some problems when temperatures got below freezing. How well will electric work below freezing?

I'm going to try to post a pic of my setup... ICS mentioned something about his reel being on a swivel before... that'd be real cool so you can also get a good angel rolling it up.

I don't know how to post the pics cuz I already posted them once... I forgot how to do this?

they are the first three at this thread

I am also going to take of the IR stickers and get it lettered... something like "don't let your sprinklers freeze! call us ...." any ideas?
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Going to look at a compressor to buy tomorrow! Will let you all know if I get it.
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Easiest way I've found is to save the original pick, i.e. Hose Reel, as Hose Reel 1 (or whatever turns you on) and you'll be able to upload it again. The server thinks it's a different picture because it has a different file name. :)
  5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Even easier is to save the URL of the uploaded image, and to use the {IMG} tags to insert it into your further postings.
  6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Too high tech for me. :laugh:
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Pikes Peak got snowed on this weekend and it was cool, foggy, rainy much of the weekend. This has caused a lot of people to call us early and get on the list. A few people are ready now for winterizing, and we shut down and drained one so far (the house is on the market and they moved out of state). So I'm hoping to get this compressor we're looking at today and start things early this year.
  8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Bought it!! 1994 Ingersoll Rand 185 cfm. 1450 hours. Hasn't been used much in 5 years. About 100' of hose. I'll post pics later.
  9. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

DanaMac what did you give for that compressor?
  10. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet!, now you need an electric hose reel! I have 2 used ones, let me know if your interested. -Tom