***official 2008 post pics of your leaf rigs page****

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by resurectionlawn, Oct 21, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

carterslandscaping- Nice Truck!

2. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice stuff Perfect Earth.

There is no way we up north could back on someone's lawn without destroying it this time of year. Wish I could, but I would leave 6" ruts.

3. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

why don't you mount the leaf vac on the front of the trailer and put a box on the dump as well.....seems like a waste of a dump truck.

4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you! Well, I took these pic a few weeks ago when it was VERY dry here. We have never put a truck/trailer on this turf in prior years. It was perfect this year- very solid....I was still nervous though! But not a mark. And a good thing, cause we had 6-7 HUGE piles out in the middle, away from the drive.

I primarily do landscaping and need to have one bed free to haul stuff around. Plus, the tube goes in the dump- as well as rakes, blowers, fuel cans, etc... AND, this set-up requires no metal fabrication on the trailer- have not wanted to get into that. I actually don't do TOO many leaves each year. I have a full-time gig (landscape/estate grounds-related) where I bill out my equipment. I have thought about building a nice box on the truck bed but I'd need to fabricate a swing-away mount for the vac (PLUS the box itself)... and I just don't do enough leaves at this time. I'll make more hauling soil, rock, etc, for my job.

5. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

Oh, OK I got yah. If you've seen my thread, there are TONS of leaves here so I could fill your dump trailer and dump truck 3x in a day no sweat. lol it gets pretty crazy.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice Set-up perfect earth!

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet set up. very efficient. I bet u can load quite a few leaves in that bad boy. Hows t still working for ya?

8. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

nice rigs guys let see more pics

9. flxinxj

flxinxj LawnSite Member

anyone load leves in a landscape trailer. i have 16ft with 4ft high sides. going to put a 6x6 in the front with 2 chains down each side to a tow strape and pull the leves out with the 6x6

10. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Marking to remember